4.13.2011

Cold Showers Bring Many Cowers

So, I'm the type of person who cares about the world. This means I occasionally find myself in classes such as Conservation Biology. Normally, environmental studies classes are filled with gloom and doom and the realization that we're pretty much screwed.
Last week, I documented how I'm destroying the earth with my wasteful and unsustainable modern lifestyle. This week, I'm supposed to make a difference and be super nice to the earth and document the results.  Now, being a little environmentalist-in-training, I was all over that.
I was fairly positive I could survive one week without meat and other highly processed foods. I even had faith that I could cut down my energy and water consumption. However, there was one thing on the list I wasn't sure about: Not taking hot showers.

For me, hot showers are a way to procrastinate, a place to ponder major life decisions, and a way to just unwind. It's right up there with sleeping for things I look forward to in a day. I was highly doubtful a cold shower was going to produce the same atmosphere. Naturally, I became slightly worried about what a cold shower could possibly do to my mental state. I was fidgety and nervous all day just thinking about it. My friends didn't help my worrying much either.

When shower time finally came around, I decided to man up and face it. I turned on the cold water....

 After getting over the initial shock of the cold water, I finally took a shower that was filled with quiet, shivering shame. I felt miserable.
 I survived though. This time, at least. I have no idea what 6 more days of this is going to do to me.

Yay earth?

~AM

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for being the angry looking, depressing falcon. :) Glad you didn't die though!
    -This Falcon Pants

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the best, Falcon Pants. That is all. :)

    ReplyDelete